Material Processing(2.0 credits)
|Course Type||:||Basic Specialized Courses|
|Course Name||:||Automotive Engineering||Automotive Engineering|
|Starts 1||:||3 Autumn Semester||3 Autumn Semester|
|Lecturer||:||Noritsugu UMEHARA Professor||Kiyohisa NISHIYAMA Lecturer|
|The purpose of the lecture is to develop an understanding of materials processing technologies in relation to material science.|
|Material engineering, Strength of materials, Dynamics|
|(1) Materials, processing and human life
(2) Fundamentals of the mechanical behavior of materials
(3) Structure and manufacturing properties of metals
(4) Metal-casting processes and equipment; heat treatment
(5) Bulk deformation processes
(6) Material-removal processes: cutting
(7) Material removal processes: abrasive, chemical, electrical and high-energy beams
|Manufacturing Process for Engineering Materials Fifth Edition, Addison Wesley|
|Grades will be based on class participation and reports.
30% for attendance
70% for final examination
Students must obtain a score of 60 or higher to pass the course.
Grades: S:100-90, A:89-80, B:79-70, C:69-60, F:59-0.
|No requirements for attending this course|
|Students are requested to direct questions to the lecturer via email.|