Control Engineering and Tutorial(3.0 credits)
|Course Type||:||Basic Specialized Courses|
|Class Format||:||Lecture and Exercise|
|Course Name||:||Automotive Engineering||Automotive Engineering|
|Starts 1||:||3 Autumn Semester||3 Autumn Semester|
|Lecturer||:||Yosuke AKATSU Designated Professor|
|In this course students will study control system design using transfer function representation and frequency response methods. Students will also be introduced to state-space representation and solve problems related to the course topics under the guidance of the faculty. By the end of the course, students should be familiar with the design and analysis of single-input/single-output (SISO) & multi-input/multi-output (MIMO) closed-loop control systems.|
|Calculus, Linear Algebra, & Analytical Dynamics|
|1. Overview of control system design (open-loop vs. closed-loop, classical vs. modern, etc.)
2. Modeling of the control system (plant, sensor, control law, and actuator & 1st vs. 2nd order systems) using block diagram representation
3. Laplace and inverse Laplace transformation
4. Transient and steady-state response analysis.
5. Frequency response analysis
6. Stability of SISO and MIMO closed-loop control systems.
7. SISO control system design - root-locus and frequency-domain approaches.
8. MIMO control system design and analysis.
|Modern Control Engineering-5th International Ed., K. Ogata, ISBN:9780137133376
Introduction to Dynamics and Control, L. Meirovitch, ISBN: 9780471870746
(Copies available in library)
|As handed out in class.|
|Students must obtain a letter grade of C or above to pass the course.
Letter grades are assigned based on the percentages:
The semester percentile grade is based on the following breakdown:
Homework Assignments - 40%
Intermediate Exam - 30%
Final Exam - 30%
Homework assignments will be graded based on a 10 point scale. The final exam will be based on a 100 point scale.
|Office hours for the semester will be specified during the first lecture.
Questions via email are welcomed any time: email@example.com
Office: Engineering Building No.3 North-wing, Room 235