Biochemistry II(2.0 credits)
|Course Type||:||Basic Specialized Courses|
|Starts 1||:||2 Spring Semester|
|Lecturer||:||YOU Young-Jai Designated Professor|
|We will continue to learn the biochemical basis of the living organism.|
|1. Review of Biochemistry I: Nucleic acids and genome
2. Review of Biochemistry I: Amino acids and proteins
3. Enzyme properties and kinetics
4. Sugar and Lipids
5. Membrane and membrane transport
6. Signal transduction
It is desirable to read a textbook or reference materials before a class
|1. Biochemistry by Berg, Tymoczko, Stryer, 8th edition.
2. Principles of Biochemistry by Voet, D., Voet, J.G. and Pratt, C.W., Wiley and son 4th edition.
3. Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry by Nelson and Cox, 7th edition.
|Will be introduced in class|
|Evaluation will be based on in-class participation, assignments and examinations.
Absent ‒ based on submission of Course Withdrawal Request Form. Fail ‒ based on “Failed” results of examinations and assignments.