Chemistry/Biotechnology Tutorial III(0.5 credits)
|Course Type||:||Specialized Courses|
|Starts 1||:||3 Spring Semester|
|Lecturer||:||Faculty of Chemistry|
|The purpose of the course is to gain essential knowledge of organic chemistry through classroom discussions and reports. At the end of the course, participants are expected to acquire the foundation of applied and comprehensive skills required for future professional research|
|Basic Chemistry 1,2, Organic Chemistry 1-3|
|1. Nomenclature of Organic Compounds and Stereochemistry
2. Structure and Reactivity: Acids and Bases, Polar and Nonpolar Molecules
3. Reactions of Alkanes and Cycloalkanes
4. Reactions of Haloalkanes: Nucleophilic Substitution
5. Elimination Reactions
6. Additions to Alkenes and Alkynes
7. Benzene and Aromaticity: Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution
8. Electrophilic Attack on Derivatives of Benzene: Substituents Control Regioselectivity
|Textbooks are not specified, but the required documents describing the assignments will be distributed during the guidance.|
|Organic Chemistry: Structure and Function 6th ed.
K.Peter C. Vollhardt, Neil E. Schore
|Grades will be evaluated based on participation, reports, and final examination.
Students must obtain a score of 60 or higher to pass the course.
|It is desirable to take the following courses, but you can take this course even if you have not taken them.
Basic Chemistry 1,2, Organic Chemistry 1-3
[schedule under the speread of COVID-19]
Chemistry/Biotechnology Tutorial III take place all online. We are currently discussing how to implement it. Once decided, we will contact you by NUCT.
|Professors and teaching assistants will answer your questions.|