Quantum Mechanics B(2.0 credits)
|Course Type||:||Specialized Courses|
|Course Name||:||Applied Physics|
|Starts 1||:||3 the previous term|
|Lecturer||:||Yukio TANAKA Professor|
|The aim is to understand the basic concepts of quantum mechanics, which is the basis for studying applied physics, and to acquire basic computational method. As a result, we will have a broader interest and interest in the quantum world and quantum phenomena.
By learning this lecture, the goal is to be able to achieve the following:
1. Understand the Schrodinger equation in the central force field.
2. Understand the energy levels and wave functions of hydrogen atoms and solve related problems.
3. Solving the Schrodinger equation of a system with a magnetic field.
4. Understand the fundamental concepts for angular momentum and spin.
5. Understand the mathematical background of quantum mechanics.
6. Understand the same kind of particles (fermions, Bose particles).
7. Understand approximation theory such as perturbation and solve related problems. We master basics of quantum mechanics and apply fundamental ability to solve various problems.
|Mathematics 1,2 with Exercises, Mechanics with Exercises, Atomic Physics, Quantum Mechanics A with Exercises|
|1.Electron in a central force 2. Energy levels of hydrogen atoms 3.Shrodinger quation in the presence of magnetic field 4.Angular momentum and Spin 5.Mathmatical background of quamtum mechanics 6.Identical particles 7.Perturbation and variational method. Read the designated part of the textbook before each class. After the lecture, you will have to solve the textbook example and chapter end problems yourself.|
|Ryousi-rikigaku I: Harada & Sugiyama (Kodansha)
Ryoushi-rikigaku Okazaki (Shinbuturigaku Library)
Ryousi-rikigaku II: Ninomiya & Sugino & Sugiyama (Kodansha)
|Kisokarano Ryoushi-Rikigaku (H. Kamimura and T. Yamamoto)
Ryoushi-rikigaku I(Keiji Igi, Hikari Kawai, Kodansha)
(Ryoushi-rikigaku Hara (Iwanami-shoten))
|Evaluate using final exams and quizzes conducted during class. Success criteria are to be able to explain the basic concept of each item of the achievement goal and to solve basic problems.|
|It would be appreciated to understand the contents of Quantum mechanics A.|