Concepts of Nuclear Engineering(2.0 credits)
|Course Type||:||Related Specialized Courses|
|Course Name||:||Applied Physics|
|Starts 1||:||4 the latter term|
|Lecturer||:||Yasuaki KOJIMA Associate Professor|
|This lecture covers nuclear fundamental properties, nuclear disintegration, radioactivity, stability of nuclei, nuclear structure, nuclear reaction and particle accelerator.
1. Be able to understand explain nuclear properties such as decay, mass, nuclear models.
2. Be able to perform basic nuclear calculations such as reaction energies.
3. Be able to understand and explain experimental technique to measure nuclear properties.
|Quantum Mechanics, Atomic Physics|
2. Properties of atomic nuclei such as mass, binding energy, radius etc.
3. Alpha-decay, Beta-decay, Gamma-transition, internal conversion and fission
4. Nuclear model and magic number
5. Nuclear reaction
6. Particle accelerator
|Introduction to Nuclear Physics (in Japanese), author: Y. Sumi, published by SYOKABO.
Nuclear Physics (in Japanese), author: KAGEYAMA Seizaburo, published by ASAKURA-Syoten.
Nuclear Physics (in Japanese) by K. Yagi, ASAKURA-syoten.
Nuclear Physics (in Japanese) by T. Nagae and S. Nagamiya, SYOKABO.
|"Examination(60%) and report(40%)" or "Examination(100%)". The higher evaluation is adopted.
Pass mark is equal to or more than 60 points for full marks of 100 points.
Entrance Year: 2011 or later
100～90:S, 89～80:A, 79～70:B, 69～60:C, <=59:F
Entrance Year: 2010 or before
100～80:A, 79～70:B, 69～60:C, <=59:D
|Bring a scientific calculator.|
|After the lecture, or e-mail.
Radioisotope Research Center, room number 218